Friday, December 3, 2010

Erryday

Yesterday was. . unpleasant to say the least. Besides the shiz already going on, I wrecked on the stupid longboard, and waited out in the cold for the better part of two hours. But this morning I realised something. It's not that bad. Yeah sure my ankle is fuhhd up, and my parents are pretty much hating my guts as of now, but life really is what you make it. For example: I could have wallowed around in bed until 10:30 this morning, and decided I wasn't going to do anything but watch tv and swim in self-pity until I went to work. But what purpose would that fulfill? None. I probably would feel worse, the house would still be a wreck, and the parentals would still be pissed. I don't know why, but instead I got up at eight. I cleaned the kitchen and did the dishes, and vacuumed the downstairs. I even had time to kill so I made a couple loaves of bread. I cleaned up my mess, and I STILL have three hours before my shift starts at BIG K (which was recently downsized to REGULAR K, mostly due to the fact that the only people who shop there are polygamists and ancient people AND the fact that the BIG part of the sign was no longer blue; but rather a sun-rotted brown. Ew. ) and on top of THAT, I feel great. Almost Zen-like. I realised that I love being productive, and I'm only going to be happy if I take a positive look on things. There is a Chinese proverb that says:


" With happiness comes intelligence to the heart "


That being said. I want to make a goal of it. Being positive and productive, I mean. I'm going to post one positive thing on this here blog, EVERY DAY. Whether it be a scripture, quote, or just a nice picture. In addition to that, It will also be my goal to make at least 3 positive observations each day, and share them with someone. I think that this will help eliminate alot of negativity from my life, and from my home. And hopefully just make life better in general. Im not saying imma transform into.. . I dunno Ghandi or some shiz. But I WILL strive to be more pleasant. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. oh man. i have a feeling i'm going to love this new idea. but...this makes me miss you ten times more than i already was. :/ we shall be together soon. being positive, getting hot, and being better then the best. :) can't wait! i'm sick of this other stupid crap we've been wallowing in. :)

    ReplyDelete